Making a Car Insurance Claim
When making an insurance claim, you need to notify our claims team as soon as reasonably practicable after you are aware of any damage to your car. If you suspect theft, burglary, illegal conversion, arson or malicious damage, you must call the police within 24 hours.
You must also submit your claim online using our forms as soon as reasonably possible and in any case within 30 days of the incident of damage or loss.
If you were involved in an accident, then here are some quick points to remember:
• If you or anyone else involved has suffered injuries, get medical assistance and call the police.
• Safety is paramount so ensure the scene is secured, away from oncoming traffic etc
• Do not admit liability
• Obtain the other vehicle's full details, including the other vehicle's registration and the driver’s ID and phone number.
• Get statements from any witnesses present
• Make sure your own vehicle is secured
• Contact Protecta Insurance
Please note: The above list is just a guide. Every accident scene is different. In general, the more information you can provide to us, the faster we can have your claim settled. Try to take note of as many details as possible while the incident is fresh in your mind.
Full Cover Policies
Simply call us on 0800 PROTECT (0800 776 832). Please refer to the prompts over the phone to lodge new motor vehicle claims. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
Third Party Policies
We can post you a copy of the appropriate claim form, or you can download and print them off yourself using the links below. Once you have filled them out in full detail, simply send them to Protecta via post, fax or email. You still have to notify us of the claim as soon as reasonably practicable and before the claim form is submitted:
Please note: These forms are for making a claim on your car insurance policy. If you’d like to make a claim under your motorcycle insurance policy, please download the motorcycle insurance claim form.