Making A Vehicle Claim with Protecta
Car insurance claims are easy with NZ's specialist in car, motorcycle, and classic vehicle insurance.
How to make a vehicle claim
At Protecta Insurance, we believe that making a claim on your car, motorcycle, or classic vehicle insurance should be easy. Find the information you need to make your motorcycle or car insurance claim below.
COVID-19 Update 18/02/2021
Please be aware that many repairers around the country still have a significant backlog following the recent lockdowns. Parts supply remains an issue as local stocks are depleted, and resupply is heavily impacted by the impact COVID-19 has in the country of manufacture. With little air freight space available, the parts that are available often have to travel by sea freight. Combined, these factors will inevitably slow the rate at which we can effect repairs and get our customers’ vehicles back on the road. We understand the impact this could have on our customers and we will work with our customers and our supply networks to do all we can to expedite repairs as much as possible. We really appreciate your patience during this time.
Kind regards, the Team at Protecta.
What to include when you make a motorcycle or car insurance claim
When you need to make a claim on your car or motorcycle insurance, we'll need some information upfront about your vehicle's condition and the details of the incident. Please have the following information ready when you make your vehicle claim.
• Your Protecta policy number
• Details of the main policyholder
• If involved in an accident, please provide the details of what happened, where, and when, as well as the details of anyone else involved (including any witnesses or emergency services)
• Driver’s details, including the type of licence and the number of years licenced for both the person driving your vehicle and any other third party involved
• If your car or motorcycle has been stolen, notify the police first. They’ll give you an incident reference number to use in your claim.
Check out the video below to understand more about our Claims process:
Find your vehicle claim form and procedures
Being able to make a claim is why you have insurance, so we strive to make the claims process as easy as possible. Find your claim form and procedures below, depending on your cover.
Need personal assistance with your claim?
If you would like personal assistance from our Car or Motorcycle Claims teams, you can contact us at the contact number below, or leave an email and we'll be in touch. Check out our FAQs for more helpful information.
Phone: 0800 PROTECT (776 832)