Customer Satisfaction And Complaints Resolution
We aim to provide exceptional service and to exceed your expectations every time.
However, if you are not satisfied with the service, please contact us and we will do our very best to try to resolve the matter to your satisfaction in a fair, transparent and timely manner.
- Protecta Insurance New Zealand Limited
- PO Box 37 371
- Auckland 1151
- Ph: 0800 776 832
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you complain to us, we will guide you through our Complaints process:
- Advise you of our underwriter's disputes resolution providers approved under the Financial Service Providers (Registration and Disputes Resolution) Act 2008
- Let you know we have received your complaint within 3 working days (unless resolved sooner)
- Fully investigate your complaint as soon as possible by someone not involved in the original decision
- Give you the name and contact details of the person handling your complaint
- Send you written advice about the progress or outcome of the complaint within 10 working days of receiving your complaint
- Send you a letter of deadlock if we have been unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction or within two months.
Our motor insurance products are underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. (NZ Company No 920 655) of 359 Lincoln Road, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Virginia Surety Company, Inc. is a member of the Insurance and Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO). If a complaint should arise, You may contact Protecta Insurance directly. If Your complaint is not able to be resolved immediately by the person You are dealing with, it will initiate Protecta Insurance's Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process. There is no cost to use this procedure. If Your complaint cannot be resolved by Protecta Insurance, they may wish to refer the complaint to the IFSO. The IFSO is an independent approved dispute resolution scheme. It will not cost You anything to refer the complaint to the IFSO. Advice on the complaint process can be provided by Protecta Insurance New Zealand Limited, the Virginia Surety Company, Inc., agent in relation to this Insurance Policy.
- The IFSO may be contacted:
- by phone on 0800 888 202 (free call);
- by writing to PO Box 10845, Wellington 6143 New Zealand;
- by emailing them at email@example.com;
- or on the web www.ifso.nz